Monday, July 12, 2010

In a Hospital AGAIN

So when I was admitted they said I would probably only have to spend the night, the doctors just wanted to run some tests. I was still on the liquid diet so it really sucked. But my mom and dad, as well as my sisters Leanne and Jaimie came to visit with me. I was hardly left by myself. It is nice knowing that I have such a supportive family. They may not always understand what is going on but they are ALWAYS there for me. Hell, I don't even know whats happening!

It was funny because I was convinced that regardless of my just getting out of the hospital 2 days before, I was still going camping on with my friends for May Long, and my mom absolutely refused. We argued about it, but apparently I was going to be spending the weekend in the hospital. I was kind of bummed about it, until it snowed! I also still had trouble breathing so even though I wanted to go camping I knew deep down (even before I went to the hospital) that it was a really bad idea.

Dr Lupu (my family doctor) came in that evening. She was concerned about my breathing. She said she was leaving for holidays the next morning but she would leave me a prescription with the nurses and I was to grab it before I left the hospital.

The second morning they brought me some tea for breakfast... by this time I thought I was starving. So just before lunch I was sitting in the room with Jaimie and I finally asked how much longer I was on a liquid diet. The nurse went to check with the doctor and came back with great news. Apparently I was allowed to eat solid food and they had just got mixed up with breakfast! Immediately I got my sister to call my mom who brought me Subway!! Never has it tasted so good! That afternoon my Dad Jack and my sister Jessi came to visit me.

I was in the hospital for a total of days and 3 nights. I was in my own room for the first 2 nights which was GREAT! But on the 3rd night I was moved into a room with 3 other ladies. Let me tell you... it was the most horrible night ever... the nurses couldn't tell me anything other than I was not to take ANYTHING from the one lady as she had a contagious disease. SCARY!!! lol but I survived the night and the next morning I was told that I was allowed to go home. They had come to the conclusion that I had an adrenal attack, that had occured because my body was getting used to not having my adrenal glands anymore. So I asked the doctor on call for my prescription that Dr Lupu had left. He said that he didn't see anything there for me but he wrote me a prescription for some pain killers and then I called my Dad and he came and picked me up and I went home.

So glad to sleep in a REAL BED!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment