Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First weekend home after 1st week of treatment

Justin and I drove home and got back to Fort St John in the late afternoon. I slept most of the way. Even after the first week I could not believe how tired I was. I couldn't even keep my eyes open most of the day.


But I was still extremely happy to be home. The week at Al's had been uncomfortable. He didn't really like the fact that I wasn't thrilled about his new girlfriend. My grandma had only been gone for a few months and they were together for about 23 years... how could he just get over that. He also made me feel useless because I slept alot. He didn't understand why I slept so much and I didn't care to try and explain myself to him.... he didn't care anyways. I wasn't looking forward to the next 6 weeks of staying there.


I got to see my family and sleep in my own bed! Three weeks prior to having started my treatments Justin and I had gotten our own place and I didn't even get to stay in it that long before my treatments started, it was nice to be HOME!


We didn't do a whole lot that weekend just enjoyed being at home. Sunday afternoon my Dad came to pick me up to go back to Edmonton because I had to have a treatment done Monday morning. Lets just say I wasn't overly excited to make the 7 hour drive back to Edmonton. But me and my Dad loaded up in the "Xploder" and made our way back to the ranch so we could start all over again on Monday morning.

It took quite a bit to convince my Dad that we should take my "Xploder" instead of his truck because it is mainly underground parking at the Cross and his truck would not fit in the underground parking lot. Finally he agreed... he hated driving my car cuz it was so much smaller than his truck but we made it safely down to the ranch... but not before stopping in Hythe to get some soft serve ice cream..... MMM... MMM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment